We’ve had a busy and fun summer and it’s hard to believe fall is right around the corner. The air is crisp in the morning and evening and I can hear leaves crunch under my shoes while I walk Kellan and the dog. Thankfully we have another beautiful week of 80 degree weather to make us forget and pretend it’s summer a little longer.
So, here are all the fun festivities and activities as of late for K to remember:
- Trip to Bend – Mama’s first trip alone with Kellan! He did great in the car and we had such a fun time visiting Babcia and Dziadzia and my bro, sis-in-law, and niece.
- Swimming – Daddy loves to swim with Kellan and we joke that K is the next Michael Phelps. He LOVES the water and doesn’t mind it splashing him in the face or ears. He kicks his little legs and slaps the water and giggles. It’s adorable and we plan on signing up for a baby/parents swim class this fall.
- Trip to Zoo – one of the Mom’s group Kellan and I hang out with planned a trip to the Zoo. This was his first visit and he seemed to enjoy the animals, though he did nap through a great deal of the exhibits. We hung out on the grass for awhile and ate Elephant Ears and chatted. Love these new Moms and their babes. Always a great time hanging out with them.
- Visit to the Children’s Museum – I met up with a friend and Mom of a 7 month old one Friday afternoon and we explored the museum. It’s a great place for kids and I will definitely go back once Kellan is a little older. There’s not too much for tiny babies, but once they can walk and explore – watch out! This place will be super fun!
- Ballet in the park – another fun afternoon with my Mama’s group!
- Jamison park Fridays with my besties and their babes! This has been one of my favorite activities as I get to see some of my most favorite friends and they little ones. Green grass, blankets, toys, coffee, tons of babies and kids all around. Perfect on sunny summer afternoons.
- Mommy and Me Tuesdays – we started going to this when Kellan was 6 weeks old or so and try not to miss it. It’s great to see other new Moms, Kellan loves seeing the other babies, and just chatting about issues, milestones, and hanging out.
- Jogging stroller – when Kellan turned 6 months we took the jogger for a run and he was a great running companion. He just takes in the world – the trees, the greenery, other walkers/joggers. We have been known to spend 2 hours at the park just chilling after our run. Now, we need to start brainstorming what we’re going to do once the rain comes:(
- First Date Night – about a month ago, we finally went out on our first date without the baby. We opted for the traditional Dinner and Movie. It was a celebration of our 3 year Wedding Anniversary and it was perfect. We went to an Italian restaurant and then to Cinetopia to see Dark Knight. It was nice sharing a bottle of wine and some romantic time (even though we talked about Kellan — ha! and I fell asleep for a bit in the late movie – lol). I love my hubby and it reminded us why it’s important to get out alone sometimes. Big kisses to Grandma K for babysitting.
- Wine tasting with our great friends and their baby boy (who is 10 days younger then Kellan). What a fabulous day! And he boys did great.
- Neighborhood party- got to meet all of close neighbors. Now we can wave and chat when we see one another. It was also nice putting Kellan to bed and continuing the fun since the baby monitor worked next door.
- Visit from Grandma E and Grandpa G – lots of cooking, wine, football games, and fun!
- Visit from Kellan’s cousin and my sis-in-law – girl time, coffee, exploring Portland, brewery lunches, and cousin bonding. Love these girls with all my heart.
- Visiting Daddy at work – we try to visit at least once a month so Kellan can see Daddy. I love it, too.
- Celebrating Daddy’s birthday!
I’m looking forward to the next adventures fall has in store especially Kellan’s first pumpkin and Halloween costume!
Speaking of firsts, it seems like our little man is thriving and growing like a weed. He’s now:
- Rolling both ways and actually liking being on his belly. He even sleeps that way some nights.
- Squealing with delight and making the funniest noises to get our attention.
- Loving his exersaucer and toys! Everything ends up in his mouth.
- And we know why – just today I noticed his two bottom teeth poking through!
- Yesterday, he rode in the grocery cart for the first time. He loved being up high and seeing all of the food and produce up close. Of course he smiled and flirted with all who would look at him.
- Playing with Basco the dog. Kellan is so enchanted by the dog! He smiles and greets her and she greets him:) She loves licking Kellan so there’s a lot of “no lick Basco” or “go get stuffy” (her toy) to try and prevent sneak attacks of kisses.
- Solids – finally after 2 weeks of trying Kellan enjoyed eating solids yesterday! We went back to oatmeal cereal and after one frown face he took the rest like a champ. He does try to get the spoon to chew, but has learned to suck the food off the spoon.
- We are still working on naps, but he manages at least 40 mins to an hour. He is sleeping through the night and has been since 5 months. He goes down at 7p and is up usually between 5-6a and then back down until 7:30a.
He is just the light of our lives and you cannot help but smile and laugh when you’re around him. He’s just the BEST and we love him so much!